For reading and writing the memory (flash) chips on the ECU you have to use specialized tools.
Luckily there are a variety of flashtools available for free these days. All of the following programs will work for MS42 & MS43 ECUs.
The ISN area containing EWS key is only written in bootmode, regardless of which software used.
In addition, we added the two checksum correction tools for MS42 and MS43.
Credits of all Chipster software belongs to Kim Freding. Rest in Peace.
- Only ignition on needed
- No checksum correction
- Only 64 KByte read/write
- Download from Google Drive
- Bootmode required (open the ECU and ground boot pin)
- No automatic checksum correction
- Only 512 KByte read/write (with ISN)
- Download older version
- Download new version from Feb. 2016
Chipster MS42 Checksum Corrector
- Corrects all three checksums inside your files
- Download Chipster MS42 Checksum Corrector
Chipster MS43 Checksum Corrector
- Corrects all five checksums inside your files
- Download Chipster MS43 Checksum Corrector