TunerPro MS43 Community Patchlist
- 1 ECU Information
- 2 Immobilizer Bypass
- 3 Checksum Bypass
- 4 Launch Control
- 5 M3/M5 Cluster LEDs
- 6 Extended DS2 Logging
- 7 MAF Sensor Hack
- 8 Boost Control Over Canister Purge Output (Experimental)
- 9 Alpha/N
TunerPro offers a very good method of editing flash files with its "Patch" function.
We used this feature to create an "All-In-One" solution for editing engine displacement independant functions, like EWS or checksum delete, M3 cluster warmup and shiftlights,etc.
All these feature change the program code of the ECU so use it with caution and correct checksums before flashing or use MS4X Dev Group Flasher from HERE as it corrects them automatically.
At the moment this is only compatible with the MS430069 software version. Chipster MSS5 flasher contains a bug when editing program code, so avoid using it.
- When coming from 430056 EWS delete, you must flash in bootmode first, read out the fresh flashed ECU with MS4X Flasher and the apply all the mods in that file.
- Bootmode flashing is only needed when you want to virginize the ECU and readapt it to a another EWS module. Every other feature works without bootmode flashing!
Download it here: Siemens_MS43_MS430069_Community_Patchlist.xdf
- UIF Vehicle Identification Number
- UIF Software Number
- UIF Service Number
- UIF Assembly Number
- ECU Number
- ISN Value
This section shows the first entry of the user information fields (UIF), the ECU number, the ISN and most important the softwareversion.
Please keep in mind that the shown UIF values came with the initial flash from factory. There might be additional entries when the MS43 has been updated at the dealership.
- [PATCH] Immobilizer Bypass - Bypasses the immobilizer checks of the ECU
- [PATCH] Clear Immobilizer Data - Virginizes the ECU by clearing all immobilizer related data
This will bypass immobilizer checks that are made to prevent the car from starting with an unauthorized key or no key at all.
Note: On some cars it takes some time to start during the first crank. So crank it a bit longer than you are used to if the engine isn't starting up right away.
When virginzing the ECU by clearing the immobilizer data you want to overwrite data in the bootloader area, so bootmode flashing is needed.
To synchronize ISN and rolling codes between the ECU and the EWS3 module just use INPA or MS4X Dev Flasher.
- [PATCH] Checksum Bypass - Disables both checksum checks for the calibration data section
Siemens implemented a calibration checksum bypass from factory into the firmware propably to edit data by runtime in the ECU.
This feature is often misinterpreted with completely turning off checksums. Program code and bootloader checksums still need correction.
Since MS4X Dev Group Flasher corrects al five checksums on the fly this is only needed when still using old tools to flash calibration.
- [PATCH] Launch Control - Implements code and default values for the launch control
- c_conf_lc - Configuration switch to change the launch control behaviour.
- 0 = LC Disabled
- 1 = LC Enabled when clutch is pressed
- 2 = LC Enabled when clutch is pressed and cruise control LED is active
- c_n_max_lc - Maximum engine speed while the launch control is engaged
- c_pvs_min_lc - Minimum accellerator pedal position for the launch control to be activated
- c_vs_max_lc - Maximum vehicle speed when the launch control disengages and switches back to normal limiters
This implements a configurable launch control feature that sets an additional engine speed limiter up to a specific vehicle speed.
You should tweak c_vs_max_lc to be slightly below the regular vehicle speed in 1st gear for the configured limiter c_n_max_lc.
The c_conf_lc mode "2" is an additional feature to be able to heat up your tires before launching, as the launch control limiter will only become active when the cruise control LED in your cluster is active.
To make the launch control limiter less bouncy please set the soft and hard limiter hysteris to 32rpm (c_n_max_hys & c_n_max_hys_max).
M3/M5 Cluster LEDs
- [PATCH] M3/M5 Cluster LED Mod - Implements code that controls the LEDs of the M3/M5 cluster
- ldpm_toil_led - Oil temperatur axis to adjust the switch points of the led array for the warmup light feature
- id_icl_toil_led__n - LEDs used at the given oil tempetature for the warmup light feature
- ldpm_toil_led - Engine Speed axis to adjust the switch points of the led array for the shift light feature
- id_icl_led__n - LEDs used at the given enginespeed for the shift light feature
For an explanation of the values see M Cluster LED Control
Extended DS2 Logging
- [PATCH] DS2 Logging Feature Enhancement - Implements code needed for the new logging command
Since MS43 only outputs a small amount of loggable values we created a custom additional DS2 logging command.
This extends the stock command with the following values:
- Individual Ignition Timing For All Cylinders and Averegage
- Fuel Injector Pulse Width For Bank 2 And Average
- Calculated Manifold Air Pressure
- Active VO Table
- Filtered Load Values (Ignition, Injection, VANOS, Moving Mean Value)
- Calculated Gear
- Rear O2 Sensor Input Voltages
- Secondary Air MAF Sensor Input Voltage
- Ron Adaptation Value
- Indexed Engine Torque
There will be more information published on this soon.
MAF Sensor Hack
- [PATCH] MAF Sensor Hack 2048kg/h - Changes code to allow 2048kg/h of air mass to be measured
- id_maf_tab - MAF sensor table 1x256
- id_maf_tab - MAF sensor table 16x16
This patch doubles the mass air flow capability of the MS43 to 2048kg/h. Use one of the id_maf_tab tables to edit MAF sensor scale.
Note: Keep in mind that (for now) we still have a hard engine load limit of 1389mg/stroke.
Boost Control Over Canister Purge Output (Experimental)
- [PATCH] Boost Control - Forces MS43 to
- c_tco_min_cp - Coolant temperature threshold for activation of the boost control / canister purge PWM output
- ip_cppwm_min___n__maf - PWM duty circle output table engine speed vs. engine load
- ip_cppwm_min_cat_var__n__maf - PWM duty circle output table engine speed vs. engine load in catalyst preperation mode. (c_conf_cat=0/1)
- ldpm_maf_1 - Engine load X-axis used by the boost control / canister purge PWM output table
- ldpm_n_32_7 - Engine speed Y-axis used by the boost control / canister purge PWM output table
This patch implements a basic open loop boost control feature by forcing the ECU to use ip_cppwm_min_* tables and also linearizes ip_cppwm_cps__cppwm.
This feature is highly experimental and must be used with caution. The solenoid output uses a 10hz PWM base frequency.
- [Patch] Alpha/N - Implements code to use load value from MAF diagnosis table
- ip_maf_1_diag__n__tps_av - MAF diagnosis table
- ldp_tps_av__maf_1_diag - Throttle angle X-axis used by the MAF diagnosis table
- ldpm_n_32_6 - Engine speed Y-axis used by the MAF diagnosis table