TunerPro Data Logging
Here we will show data logging of the ECU with TunerPro RT which is the payed version of TunerPro.
Compared to other logging applications it has some useful features, like live table tracing, history tables and also 'pure packet logging' which we will explain later on.
We suggest you buying a licence after testing, because it works well and also TunerPro was the basis of all MS43 developement back when we started.
Please make sure to fulfill all the following requirements to successfully connect to your Siemens ECU and use the full potential of TunerPro RT:
- Computer with TunerPro RT installed [Download]
- OBD2 to USB K-Line interface
- Logger definition file matching your ECU family (MS41, MS42, MS43)
- Binary definition file matching your ECU (0110C6, MS430069, etc.)
- Fresh read or latest known binary from the ECU you are logging
90° angled USB extension cords are a good add-on if you want to have your computer sit next to you on the passenger seat.
Ensure that your USB port makes a solid connection to prevent failures.
Configuring Tuner Pro RT
First step is to configure TunerPro RT the way you need. Therefor it's good to have an organized workplace with all the files in one place.
After opening Tuner Pro RT, load all the files. You can simply drag & drop them into the main window.
Under settings you configure the COM port for your K-Line interface. See following screenshot for details.
Logging Views / Connection
Then you have to chose what views you will open and click the "Connect" button, to initiate a connection to your ECU.
List of views:
- Show data dashboard (dashboard with widgets, good for tablet use)
- Show data lists (a list of all logged items)
- Show data history tables (like matrix tables matching the corresponding maps in the binary)
- Show data monitors (monitoring line graph over time)
Hint: With [CTRL]+[F8] you can dock/undock the currently active view-tab. This is very useful when analyzing logs on a multi monitor setup.