For reading and writing the memory (flash) chips on the ECU you have to use specialized tools.
Luckily there are a variety of flashtools available for free these days. All of the following programs will work for MS42 & MS43 ECUs.
The bootloader area containing EWS key, UIF, etc can ONLY be overwritten in bootmode, regardless of which software used.
'We decided to delete downloads to all Chipster software because time moved on and there are better supported alternatives now. Rest in Peace Kim.
MS4X Dev Group Flasher
- On-the-fly checksum correction before flashing
- Checksum correction for local files
- EWS3 sync and reset
- Adaptations reset
- DTC read and clear
- DS2 command sender
- 64 KByte read/write (~20 seconds)
- 512 KByte read/write (~120 seconds)
- Go here for download and more info: MS4X Dev Group Flasher
- Use this only for virginizing, cloning or backing up the ECU
- Bootmode required (open the ECU and ground boot pin)
- No automatic checksum correction
- Only 512 KByte read/write (with seed keys, ISN, etc.)
- Download 2017 version